Whether you hope to birth in the hospital, at a birth center, or at home, all your questions will be answered in this six-week course. You and your birth partner will learn a variety of techniques that will enable you to find your own body’s rhythm to guide you through the birth experience and help you achieve the safest, most rewarding, and most empowering birth experience possible.
Jaci is also always available to answer any questions or concerns after class or via phone or email. Drop-in and refresher classes are available for experienced parents, and private classes are available for time-crunched families. Please call Jaci for more details.
Sign up for classes via PayPal, in person, or write to us with questions via our website form.
All gift certificate purchases and class deposits are final and non-refundable.
In this class series, you will learn about:
- Active participation of the birth partner
- Avoidance of drugs
- Natural breathing
- A variety of relaxation techniques
- Tuning in to your body and working with it
- Immediate and continuous contact with your newborn
- Breastfeeding beginning at birth
- Positive communication skills
- Options for informed decisions regarding birth choices
- Preparation for the unexpected
Nearly every class includes a DVD screening, lecture time, relaxation practice or exercise, a homework assignment, homework review, and question-and-answer/sharing time.
For more information, please read “Why Are Independent Birth Classes Important?”
Classes follow the general outline below.